Biochem II Poll just out of personal curiosity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smashley224

OSU CVM Class of 2014
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow SDNers!
I just got out of my biochem II class and am studying for a dreaded test this week when I decided to pick everyone's brains about what they are learning/ have learned in biochem II. I feel like our professor is in love with mechanisms because that is all we have been doing all semester. I just thought it would be a bit more on the biology side than it has been thus far. Just curious as to how other biochem classes were taught and thoughts.

Thanks and a continuing congrats to all of those who got in!!! woot woot!

Members don't see this ad.

Well my biochem professor is pretty much dyslexic so he can't do organic chemistry. Therefore, ours is very biology focused. My professor also can't do math or form grammatically correct sentences in his questions. When he taught physical chemistry, he would come up with numbers thousands and thousands off from the actual answer. He's a great researcher, but the man cannot teach!

I also have a biochem II exam this week :( Can't wait to be done with this class.

My test is tomorrow :thumbdown:.

My class is more biology-oriented (thank goodness, cause I hated mechanisms). Our teacher focuses more on regulation and how all the cycles and processes are connected.

good luck on your exams :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was also very bio oriented and he focused a lot on teaching u how to use Blast and 3D molecular viewers to analyze proteins and their binding sites.

Thank you all for your answers! I wish my biochem class was more bio oriented like some of yours sounded. We did do the Blast program in biochem I, but he did it in a hurried way and did not explain it well, so I can't say I got much out of it. Only about 6 more weeks to go before it is over!

mine was to memorize all the cycles with the structures and enzymes and every now and then there'd be fill-in questions. we had a fill-in paragraph question that was about allosteric enzymes.

he did ask a lot of bio questions like 'in what organisms would you find the glycocalyx".

and he teaches off powerpoints. i felt as though you just had to memorize EVERYTHING and you'd do well on the exam.

i got a B

i miss ochem