Biochem in summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SQUmedic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im doing an accelerated course outside the US.
Im supposed to be taking biochemistry over the summer. My college recommends Lippincotts illustrated review Biochem. I have a similar book for pharmacology and i dont understand it much. Which biochemistry book is the best?

Can someone recommend me some question banks for biochemistry, system courses etc etc (n e basic sciences subject)? where do i get them and which format is the better? books or Cds.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't personally used Rapid Review Biochem but have read and heard great things about it.

Check it out.

Im an IMG (from a PBL system) for course work Basic Medical Biochemistry by Marks and Marks was my major resource book. Has a great correlation with the clinicals and great for the basics. Seems a new edition is out.
For exam preparation I used Lippincotts Biochem. Im currently studying for my boards and Im using Lippincotts. The New edition is much more better with illustrations and end of chapter summaries.

http://www.amazon.com/Marks-Basic-Medical-Biochemistry-Clinical/dp/0781721458