biochem online???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badmamajama

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can take biochemistry online?

I need to take it before I matriculate in August but will be abroad.

If not, does anyone know of a short summer course in biochem?

Members don't see this ad.

There is usually a lab that accompanies this class... is the lab not required for matriculation?

I think most universities offer a summer biochem course.

Members don't see this ad :)

I need to take it before I matriculate
in August but will be abroad.

Many med schools do not accept online coursework. If I were you, I'd confirm that your med school will accept an online course before proceeding any further with this plan.

Meanwhile, why don't you save yourself all this hassle and take it this spring?

I need to take it before I matriculate in August but will be abroad.

University of New England, UC Berkley and Iowa State have online Biochem courses. I am currently taking Biochem online at Iowa State. For me it is not required but I figured I will take it just as an intro so that I am not lost in medical school. At my school it is offered three times per week with one discussion session a fourth day. I live one hour from the campus and also work full time so I really could not take the class on campus. It does transfer to my college although I have no interest one way or the other.
PM me if you need more info about the class.
Good luck

Many med schools do not accept online coursework.
Agreed. UC Davis won't accept it for their upper division science requirement. UCLA won't accept online for prereqs either. I'm sure that there are others...