Biochem over the summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions abouttaking biochem over the summer? Should I do it? Do med schools care if I take this course over the summer? THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

It doesnt matter when you take the course... Just learn it properly and do well in the course. Are you applying to med school this summer?

its definetely recommended for a lot of schools (required at a handful, i think) so taking it over the summer is a good idea

Members don't see this ad :)
moto_za said:
Any suggestions abouttaking biochem over the summer? Should I do it? Do med schools care if I take this course over the summer? THANKS

It may make that course a bit easier when in med school, although those that don't have it tend to do fine anyhow. Only a small handful of med schools require or recommend it. If you are planning on attending one of those, you should take it as they will assume you have the foundation, and you will already be behind on the first day. Otherwise only take it if you really want to, because you will taking it again in more detail. I personally would use those credits on something you won't have the opportunity to take again.

THANKS for the advice. I actaully am not applying to med school this year, but have to take the course for my major.