Biochem Remediation through Drexel

Discussion in 'Allopathic' started by jjbodean, 05.19.14.

  1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. jjbodean

    jjbodean 5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    07.17.11
    Messages:
    253
    Location:
    Morgantown, WV
    Status:
    Medical Student
    Who here has done the online biochem remediation through Drexel? I'm doing it starting June 9 and just wondering what to expect. Apparently there are about 90 hours of on-demand lectures, 5 quizzes through the course which combined account for 5% of your grade, then a single exam at the end for the remaining 95%.

    Any insights appreciated!
     
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. loltopsy

    loltopsy 2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    11.28.12
    Messages:
    635
    Status:
    Medical Student
    I just finishing up my M1 year there, and while I'm not remediating biochem, I think they do a great job teaching it. If it's anything like what we do during the year, the written lectures provide 99% of what you need to know for exams (in the video lectures, they occasionally mention, 'oh you don't need to have this memorized') combined with online practice tests are enough to do very well in the class.
     
    DermViser and Anastomoses like this.
  4. jjbodean

    jjbodean 5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    07.17.11
    Messages:
    253
    Location:
    Morgantown, WV
    Status:
    Medical Student
    thanks for the feedback. the format is about 90 hours of on-demand streaming video lectures, with 5 quizzes worth 1% of the grade each, with a comprehensive exam at the end of 6 weeks worth the other 95%. basically having the entire course boil down to a single exam is somewhat concerning, but it is what it is.

    anyone else have any additional thoughts?
     

About the ads

Share This Page