Biochem Shelf Exam!!!

denali

15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2003
  1. Attending Physician
    Took the Biochem shelf in December 2003. Studied class notes and the Champe & Harvey (aka Lippincott's) review book. Don't get stressed when you see the pharm and endocrine looking questions; you can answer them with biochem knowledge. Good luck!

denali

15+ Year Member
    Jan 26, 2003
    1. Attending Physician
      The shelf exam was worth 1/4 of our overall grade and we received credit based on our percentile score on the shelf exam. Since the final overall class grades were used to determine the curve, I really don't know how much the shelf exam alone factored into the magnitude of the curve.

About the Ads

omarsaleh66

10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jul 10, 2003
      temecula ca
      1. Attending Physician
        Make sure u know the biochem part of First Aid cold!!!
        I took the biochem NBME last december and looking over First Aid saved me. Almost everything from first AID was on there.

Also go to the NBME website and look at the biochem sample questions. Usually those 5 questions will be on the exam. Alteast this happened for my histology and anatomy NBME.

Lippincott was good. There was some metabolism questions as well. Like u should know that 3500 calories should make a pound of fat. And someone trying to lose a pound a week should decrease calorie intake from 3000 to 2500. Those questions were on the exam, and they normally dont teach that stuff in biochem class.

gluck

Omar

jwin

7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Sep 21, 2002
          sorry to hijack the thread but i have posted before and got no response, has anyone taken the physio shelf? what did you do to study and what would you recommend?

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.