Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Biochem. shelf exam

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by ms1inmw, Nov 17, 2001.

1. ms1inmw

ms1inmw Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

How many of you are taking the shelf exam for your Biochemistry final? If you already took it, what did you think?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. psi1467

psi1467 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm taking it. I'm taking a break from reading Lippincott right now. Can't wait for this one. Woo-hoo!

4. dr. maybe

dr. maybe mongoose
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Has anyone taken the 2003 Biochem shelf. And, if so, how did you study (if it seemed effective). Notes? Lippincott? BRS?

5. tega

tega Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Lippincott + pretest

6. CaptainAmerica

7+ Year Member

I read BRS from cover to cover and worked a lot of the problems. Took me about 4 days. I don't remember the actual score, but it translated to about 80%, which was about how I did for the whole class.

Continually striving to scale the heights of mediocrity,
    CA

7. BamaFlip

BamaFlip Member
    10+ Year Member

I took the shelf before Christmas. It sucks. I read High-Yeild and did all of the problems in Lippencott. I also took a gander at the Biochem section in First Aid. All of this helped a lot. i didn't knock the roof off of the test but I performed decently. Good luck!

8. ortholsu

ortholsu Member
    7+ Year Member

i went through lippincott and went over my class notes again. a lot of material but it didn't take me too long. i also did about 150 questions in pretest. i have been doing pretty well in the class, and i felt that i had a good grasp of the material, but all my studying felt like a waste of time after that test. i took it last monday. it seemed that i had just taken a completely different course. i think pretest did a good job portraying the real test, but my test was just a lot of molecular bio and not much of anything else. if you know your stuff, don't waste time going over it again, just do pretest. just my humble opinion.

good luck