Biochem solutions manual??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mochafreak

registered quaffer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Uh oh, I just looked up my future biochem text on Amazon and not only is it $150, there doesn't seem to be a current solutions manual for it either. Would anyone happen to know if there will be a solutions manual for the 4th edition of Leninger's Principles of Biochem out before fall semester? Do you suppose the manual for the 3ed. would work alright?

Members don't see this ad.

mochafreak said:
Uh oh, I just looked up my future biochem text on Amazon and not only is it $150, there doesn't seem to be a current solutions manual for it either. Would anyone happen to know if there will be a solutions manual for the 4th edition of Leninger's Principles of Biochem out before fall semester? Do you suppose the manual for the 3ed. would work alright?

Trust me, you will not need a solutions manual for biochem. All you will be doing is memorizing the intermediates and enzymes involved in countless biological reaction pathways; your solutions manual will be the text itself. Solutions manual for biochem.......useless.

oh boy, $150 is a tiny teeny drop in the pond compared to what you will be spending if you embark on the premed/med road

I didn't buy the solution manual to go with my leninger, didn't need it
and I didn't even use a textbook when taking biochem during MSI

Members don't see this ad :)
In stead of buying it check with the prof to see if he/she will place a copy of the solution manual on reserve. I used Lenninger, and only checked the solution manual once (for calculating pKa's and such). I was able to get by with my textbook and lecture notes.

Thanks for the replies. I just took Ochem this summer and it was far less memorization than when I took it in '92. I just learned the concepts. But, maybe that was just Ochem and Biochem is all memorization and no concepts. Actually, Iffy, I'm pre-dent and not worried at all about the cost because I'll have loans by then...but, I don't right now and $150 would buy a lot of food (and mochas). ;)

Iffy premed said:
oh boy, $150 is a tiny teeny drop in the pond compared to what you will be spending if you embark on the premed/med road

I didn't buy the solution manual to go with my leninger, didn't need it
and I didn't even use a textbook when taking biochem during MSI

Not much of a consolation for someone spending $150 for a book they will use for three months and then never use again.

But you're right... ;)

you can try a book bargain search engine, like http://www.addall.com/ or something. those tend to have better prices than Amazon.

i took biochem undergrad using the lehninger book and had to do maybe 0.000001% of the problems in the book that would've required a solutions manual.

like someone else said, it's all memorization of intermediates, pathways, etc.