• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Biochem

rockit

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2004
    Does anybody have any recommendations for a supplimentary book? Right now I'm leaning BRS b/c of the questions. Has anybody had any great success with something else?

Thanks

About the Ads

Emergency!

10+ Year Member
    Jul 20, 2004
    Michigan
    1. Attending Physician
      Lippencott's Illustrated Reviews are pretty good, especially if you like pictures and charts. I have also been using "Basic Medical Biochemistry, A Clinical Approach" by Marks. The names of the "patients" are a little hokey (Al Martini, who has a drinking problem, Cora Nari, with heart problems . . .) but I think the explanations are well written.

PreMedAdAG

I am so smart. S-M-R-T :)
      10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      May 17, 2002
      CA
      www.mdapplicants.com
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        Lippencott has yet to fail me.... they manage to explain concepts the way a medical student should be able to explain them... not the way a PhD should to his/her pupils :)

It's cheap too and will probably serve you well for the boards later on.

SkylineMD

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Jul 27, 2005
        1. Medical Student
          I agree that harpers is useless. It is great for an indepth look at biochemistry but for typical medical school knowledge, its too indepth and not very well written IMO. Lippincott's is by far a better biochem text

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.