1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

biochem?

Discussion in 'Dental' started by crimson, Aug 10, 2001.

1. crimson

crimson What up Smokey!
    10+ Year Member

hi... I have 2 register for my post-bac classes on monday -- i am thinking of anatomy, physiology and neurology. a friend of mine in dental schools said i should take biochem and one more bio class instead. i have been out of school for 2 years and don't remember a bit of orgo or even bio. any words of wisdom?

ps: I have a couple of classes to complete for my pre-dental requirements... but reading from earlier posts in this forum i am given to understand that it is necessary to take some advanced pre-med courses... is this true?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mr. So-So

Mr. So-So Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

no its not necessary..
    just do well with the pre-reqs.

remember, in almost every dental program.. there are 20 yr old students admitted after only 2 years of post-secondary education.

:)

4. Gil

Gil Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Anatomy and Physio are good classes to take, but I would take a biochem class over the neurology class. Most dental schools (if not all of them) will have a biochem class you'll take, neuro is not as important. I'm at UOP, and biochem was one of the tougher classes.

5. crimson

crimson What up Smokey!
    10+ Year Member

W A N T E D
    [​IMG] WANTED