biochemistry for biology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tprice108

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anybody know if a semester of biochemistry with the lab (4hrs) will substitute for part of the biology pre-req? probably a stupid question, but thanks....

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think biochemistry will substitue the biology prerequisite. Most schools are looking for general biology. Also, some schools have biochemistry as a prerequisite in addition to biology. You could contact individual schools for more information on what classes at your school fulfill their prereqs.

Not a stupid question. It's always good to ask. :)

Biochemistry is like Cell Biology, if you're just a Biology major.

Overall Biochemistry is a more advanced biology than general biology, which all schools require taking...

Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt it would substitute for the bio requirement, but ask the school you are interested in specifically and see what they say.

does anybody know if a semester of biochemistry with the lab (4hrs) will substitute for part of the biology pre-req? probably a stupid question, but thanks....

to take biochem...dont you need to first take intro bio classes?

Why don't you do some research with the schools?? It's easy enough to find out.

no, at clemson general biology wasn't considered a pre-req for biochem. although the first day of class the teacher said it was, if that makes sense. it would explain why i thought the class was ridiculously hard.