Biology 1001 EK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

millepora

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a thread anywhere that lists the questions that have wrong answers? I have been looking around for a thread, but I can't find one. I really don't want to pay the fee on the EK site.

Members don't see this ad.

Register for free on the EK site and you can see (but not contribute to) all the questions people have had and the EK answers to them. they're listed under each individual lecture, so if you have a question about #167 from lecture X, look at the forum for lecture X, and see if someone else had a question about #167, and see what they said. If no one has asked about it, try searching our "Study Questions" forum for key words from the Q, or just post about it and see what people here say.

There are VERY few errors; they're usually just poorly worded questions/answers/explanations.

You should post your questions in the Q&A forum as well. I think those are usually good for discussing them and seeing different ways that people view the questions and solutions.

There are VERY few errors; they're usually just poorly worded questions/answers/explanations.

You must have a later edition than mine, because there were things that were flat out wrong in my books. And their explanations are often so short that they are worthless. Even if it's a trick question and they are right, they don't explain the trick. That's what irked me more than anything. I guess some of that could be blamed on ambiguous wording, but wouldn't they fix that after all of these editions? I just get the feeling they wrote it once and didn't take the time to edit it. Plus, while their bio textbook is really good, I thought the 1001 questions were not very helpful for the MCAT I took.

Members don't see this ad :)
You must have a later edition than mine, because there were things that were flat out wrong in my books. And their explanations are often so short that they are worthless. Even if it's a trick question and they are right, they don't explain the trick. That's what irked me more than anything. I guess some of that could be blamed on ambiguous wording, but wouldn't they fix that after all of these editions? I just get the feeling they wrote it once and didn't take the time to edit it. Plus, while their bio textbook is really good, I thought the 1001 questions were not very helpful for the MCAT I took.

Hmmm, I've picked up a lot of useful tricks from the 1001 bio. I haven't applied it to my exam yet, but I think it's a great way to review the content.

If you want to know a test company riddled with errors it's Kaplan. I would read errors on every FL I took. Not an over-exaggeration either.

I have the 7th edition. I love the answer explanations because they often note "high yield" topics, and reading that note over and over again as it comes up in different answers is really helpful.

I have the 7th edition. I love the answer explanations because they often note "high yield" topics, and reading that note over and over again as it comes up in different answers is really helpful.

Ditto. I think it's definitely worthwhile.