Biology 2 and the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MexicanDr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much of Bio 2 (Evolution, Bio Diversity, Ecology, Plant Bio) is actually on the MCAT BS section?

A lot of people say there is not enough OChem 2 on the BS section, so I am wondering how much Bio 2 there is?

Thanks,

Eddie

Members don't see this ad.

How much of Bio 2 (Evolution, Bio Diversity, Ecology, Plant Bio) is actually on the MCAT BS section?

A lot of people say there is not enough OChem 2 on the BS section, so I am wondering how much Bio 2 there is?

Thanks,

Eddie

A lot at the expense of Ochem 2.

Thanks,

Eddie
I had one passage on my MCAT that incorporated all the different aspects of what you listed as Bio 2 (Bio 2 differs from school to school). It's important, as is orgo 2.

If i'm not mistaken there isn't anything to do with plants on the mcat; however, there will almost certainly be some type of Hardy-Weinberg question, or something that has to do with gene flow, drift, bottlenecking, populations, etc...

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks,

Eddie

At a maximum it will be 3/4ths bio and 1/4ths ochem. But most likely there will only be a single passage with 5-6 questions on ochem and then a few stand-alone questions...so 4/5ths bio and 1/5th ochem. The BS section is more heavily weighed for some med schools; for example, a minimum mcat score of say 25 with a minimum BS score of 8 isn't uncommon. This means that if you score a 30 on your mcat, and a 7 on the bio.....then that excludes you from their school.

If i'm not mistaken there isn't anything to do with plants on the mcat; however, there will almost certainly be some type of Hardy-Weinberg question, or something that has to do with gene flow, drift, bottlenecking, populations, etc...

Just get a detailed review book for Bio and you will be fine if you dont have Bio II.

There are no plants...