Biology concepts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FCMike11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its been a year+ now and will be 2 years since I've taken biology 1 & 2 when I take my mcat. I will not be able to take genetics or any courses outside of the recommended pre read before I take the mcat.

I plan to follow the SN2ED method very closely (will have to make it work for me working full time). However in the mean time does anyone have any literature recommendations or places on the web I could start looking at relevant information in regards to cellular processes, genetics etc? I literally do not remember much from my bio courses (despite As in both). I am currently bidding and plan to win the full sn2ed set on eBay as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

I'm almost 4 years removed from bio and the TPR has been amazing at helping me relearn the material quickly. That and khan academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a multi-stepped approach where you start with a quick superficial review and then go more in depth and then wrap up with another quick, superficial review.

I'd suggest the following:

1. Start by reading through mcat-review.org on the relevant topic. They've got great free outlines.
2. Then read through your study materials.
3. Do the related passages/questions
4. If doing the practice reveals any sticky bits in your comprehension, go to Khan Academy, Wikipedia, or Wikipremed
5. Wrap it all up by doing another top-level review of the content at mcat-review.org or with your own notes.

Good luck! :)

Reactions: 1 user