Biology courses for the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physicsguy29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to the forum here. I recently graduated with a degree in Physics. I have always thought about going to medical school and I have finally decided to go for it. I am going to be going back to take a few undergraduate courses to prepare for the MCAT exam. I will surely be taking two semesters of organic chemistry, but I really need somone to tell me what biology courses I should take to do well on the MCAT. I have heard different things about what is on this section of the exam. I will be taking as my first biology class a course that covers all the basics of biology for pre-med students and biology majors. It is your typical first year course before moving on to advanced biology, but it is a more advanced course that Bio 100. After this course, I don't know what to take. Is Physiology the best one to take? Due to timing issues I am hoping to only take two semesters of biology, The reason for this is that my first Bio course that I mentioned earlier is a pre-requisite for all the advaced courses so it will take one academic year to do all this with the organic included. Any suggestions and advice for what I should take? I have had one year of inorganic chemistry that was required for my Physics degree so the physical science section shouldn't be too much of a problem. Thanks in advance for your time and help!!

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to take class for Bio then you should take General Biology I and Gen Bio II.Those are best for the Bio section on MCAT.Kaplan Review book may help as well.