BIOLOGY Disaster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ragda26

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyine who took April 2005 MCAT feel like they guessed on Bio and were WORN out?

I am sooo worried even though biology was my strenght...

Just curious to know who thought they guessed and how much and if they were tired?
or was it just me?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a hotel room the night before right near the school I was taking the test at so I wouldn't have to worry about commuting there in the morning (In DC everything is over an hour away with traffic). Unfortunately there was a wedding reception in the hotel that night and I didn't sleep at all that night. So yes, I was really tired after the Bio section, but I still think I did just fine on the Bio, I didn't find it that tough, but that could all be a sleep deprived delusion I'm living. I guess i'll find out next week.

I just think BS was the hardest section on my form, but I don't think it's because I was tired. I think it was just because there was so much organic chemistry, and even the bio questions didn't seem normal. But yeah, by the very end I just wanted it to be over with and I was worn out. People who are studying for upcoming tests should make sure to build up their stamina! When I took my practice tests I usually took a shorter lunch break, stopped at soon as I was finished instead of sitting around waiting for the time to be up, and only wrote one essay, so overall I spent less time doing the tests. It's probably a much better idea to make it as real as possible by starting at 8 a.m. and drawing it out for the full length.

i actually think that bio was the easiest section.. i was probably just excited to get the damn thing over with

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree with the above poster. i was excited that it was nearing completion, and was looking forward to partying afterwards. it was a tough section, no doubt, but at least i can't attribute it to a lack of stamina.

I definetly think that the bio section was harder than I was expecting. I studied with kaplan, and i was doing very well on their tests in bio and was expecting to ace the bs. I dont think it turned out that way... :(

i scored 13 in bio on the last two practice tests i took, but on the actual mcat i ended up randomly guessing on about 15 questions. really scary.

:scared:

I'm glad someone else thought the same thing. In all of my practices I was so relieved to get to the bio because I could usually get through it no problem and get the hell out of there. I don't know if it was fatigue or what that kicked in, but for the first time I had a good deal of trouble with the section which was consistenly my best. There were a few orgo passages in which I had absolutely no idea what was going on. Then to come out and have people say PS was hard and BS was easy? Needless to say the past two months have been tedious. I've narrowed my scores down somewhere between a 20 and 40. At this point, come Thursday, I'll probably be happy if I don't give myself an aneurysm.

What form did you have? My BS section was allright, but in each passage there were a question or two that was killer. The stand-alones were pretty wretched if I may say. My PS section was tough, but I am really worried about verbal reasoning. I finished seven passages but could not gain any ground on a really tough ten-question passage and five question passage. Hoping for an 8 now in that section so I can apply to schools!!

unfrozencaveman said:
I'm glad someone else thought the same thing. In all of my practices I was so relieved to get to the bio because I could usually get through it no problem and get the hell out of there. I don't know if it was fatigue or what that kicked in, but for the first time I had a good deal of trouble with the section which was consistenly my best. There were a few orgo passages in which I had absolutely no idea what was going on. Then to come out and have people say PS was hard and BS was easy? Needless to say the past two months have been tedious. I've narrowed my scores down somewhere between a 20 and 40. At this point, come Thursday, I'll probably be happy if I don't give myself an aneurysm.

I think it was EK.
Good luck with the scores. No one needs to see the inside of that test more than once.