1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Biology hhmm....

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by FutureDoc4, Mar 11, 2007.

1. FutureDoc4

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Okay, I am not sure what's going, I CANNOT seem to make the leap in bio, I have had an 11 since my diagnostic... and it won't budge.. any suggestions? The only pattern I seem to recognize is that I am not always getting all the info from the passage and I am more purely trying to go off my own knowledge. Let me know if anyone has any experience with this.... Please help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. phospho

phospho SDN Lifetime Donor
    Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    interesting... for me it was the contrary - trying to utilize my own knowledge of the topics proved to be the most effective. I would use the passage for any questions I didn't know at the end. I'm doing 13-14 points on the bio section.

I can tell you how I did MY huge leap, although you probably won't do it, but I highly suggest it. I read the entire campbell 5th edition bio book over a week. I didn't focus on anything specific. I just read the whole thing as if it was some novel or something. Yes, I didn't need to know about plants or those random topics they seem to come up with at the end of the chapter, but I read them just like everything else. At the end of that week, when I came back to look at my EK books, I was doing the questions from an entirely different perspective. Somehow, w/o realizing it, I had tied all the concepts in the bio section together. I can't forget one thing, because the second thing that depends on it wouldn't work, and the third thing that depends on that wouldn't work either, etc.

Best of luck!:luck:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. smuwillobrien

smuwillobrien Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    11 is pretty high - just keep doing practice tests - it's not like it matters if you go higher.