Biology or Chemistry Podcasts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

u_raptor

Victim of the Mayo bamboozle
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I will start of by saying sorry if this is in the wrong area. Anyways, I am planning to start college as a Bio major this coming fall, and I was wondering if any of you guys have found some good intro to intermediate level Bio or Chem podcasts (specifically molecular/cellular biology if possible). I'm hoping to get a head start and have some good resources when I start my studies, and would love to have some podcasts to fill my free time and commutes. So far I have found some Introduction to Biology podcasts by MIT. What do you guys listen to when it comes to these subjects?

Thanks for any input,
U_Raptor

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
I will start of by saying sorry if this is in the wrong area. Anyways, I am planning to start college as a Bio major this coming fall, and I was wondering if any of you guys have found some good intro to intermediate level Bio or Chem podcasts (specifically molecular/cellular biology if possible). I'm hoping to get a head start and have some good resources when I start my studies, and would love to have some podcasts to fill my free time and commutes. So far I have found some Introduction to Biology podcasts by MIT. What do you guys listen to when it comes to these subjects?

Thanks for any input,
U_Raptor

There's nothing good directly from the podcast realm for learning these big topics; it doesn't really fit the medium.

If you want to fill your time with good academic audio material, I suggest iTunes U or KhanAcademy Mobile. Either one of those is free and will allow you to sequentially progress through Bio or Chem or any other topic you wish to investigate.

Through my couple years of undergrad khan academy has been my bread and butter, especially in chemistry. I almost took Organic chemistry exclusively through khan academy and I got a high A both semesters. It can be a bit dense but as long as you follow along and make sure you're up to speed before moving on, the vast compilation of lectures and examples they offer is extraordinary. Pretty much any subject or topic in the sciences is covered in good detail. Hope this helps and good luck as you begin your undergraduate adventures!

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out FoundMyFitness podcast, by Dr. Rhonda Patrick. One of my favorites, and I love podcasts

https://www.foundmyfitness.com/

Her episodes are very deep and specific to the topic they are talking about, but she is so wicked smart and the guests are too. It's very detailed and extremely interesting!

I use iTunes U (in the car and commutes) and Khan Academy. For general chem/review, ohio state has a nice podcast on iTunes U

Alright, thanks for the input everyone! I always thought Khan Academy was for high school level classes, but I guess I was wrong haha. Will definitely check into that as well as Itunes U and the foundmyfitness podcast. Thanks again!