Biology/organic chemistry ratio =?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegeewiz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At one time it seems that I read (maybe on SDN) that the ratio of biology-to-organic chemistry questions in the MCAT Bio section varied but was something like 7/4 (7 questions of bio for every 4 questions of organic).

Does anyone know about what kind of ratio may be expected?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

i always heard it was like 70/30 bio/o-chem. that's close to what you say, so, same difference i guess.

I heard that it was about 25% o-chem. Wow, the amount of o-chem is diminishing with each post. :)

how much genetics? i have the unrevised versions... i have had 2 classes in genetics, so i'm not terribly worried. Is there more genetics than orgo?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think there may be more genetics than organic. Didn't they change the format of the MCAT so that there are three fewer organic questions and three more genetics? Either way, it doesn't matter to me. Genetics and organic are my two strengths. :)

there is not more genetics than organic.

however, there is more genetics and less organic than there has been in the past.

does anyone know the ratio of physics to general chem ...after taking 5r, it seems like it is 70-30 chem to physics. But the kaplan tests are really different

i think 5r went overboard on gen chem, i dont think it is usually like that