1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

biology passage

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by tn4596, Aug 1, 2011.

1. tn4596

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    any advice on how to break them down?
    After spedning time on the PS on those calculation and then focus on VR and brainstorming through the essay? how can you keep your sanity to deal with these passage when they are constantly throwing graphs, abreviations and charts at you...
    I have no problems with the discrete question but these passage is killing me, I miss like 2-3 questions per passage...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vin5cent0

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Just try your best to weed through the BS (bull ****, not bio sciences.. haha). I've found that when I get a q wrong on the BS section, 4 out of 5 times it's because I was overthinking the question due to the complexity of the passage. If I had just gone with my gut instinct, I would've gotten it right. They'll often throw all of this complicated, incoherent crap at you and then ask you a simple question disguised as something difficult. It's not an easy skill to learn, I'm still trying to weed past all that crap lol.