Biology with just 1 Quarter of Lab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sprint2k

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go to uc santa cruz, and our biology course only offers one quarter of lab. Is that enough to fulfill the lab requirement for dental schools, or do I need to somehow get 3 quarters of bio labs?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I go to uc santa cruz, and our biology course only offers one quarter of lab. Is that enough to fulfill the lab requirement for dental schools, or do I need to somehow get 3 quarters of bio labs?

Thanks!

No way:eek:. They only offer one quarter of lab for biology? That is ridiculous. Try to take it in a near community college. I don't think there is any way you can get the bio prereqs done with a quarter of lab.

No way:eek:. They only offer one quarter of lab for biology? That is ridiculous. Try to take it in a near community college. I don't think there is any way you can get the bio prereqs done with a quarter of lab.

I also did not have lab for my chemistry 1A (first quarter of gen chem) class. I did take 2 quarters of lab for my chemistry 1b and c.

Members don't see this ad :)
One quarter is fine, depending on your undergrad university.

One quarter is fine, depending on your undergrad university.

what's weird is that my friend from uc irvine said that they don't even have biology labs until upper division.

would that mean he has to do more than the pre requisites for dental school in order to just take the upper division biology lab?

i was looking at dental school requirements and a lot of them say stuff like "1 year of biology with lab" So do I need 1 years worth of bio lab?

what's weird is that my friend from uc irvine said that they don't even have biology labs until upper division.

would that mean he has to do more than the pre requisites for dental school in order to just take the upper division biology lab?

i was looking at dental school requirements and a lot of them say stuff like "1 year of biology with lab" So do I need 1 years worth of bio lab?

i go to uci and no it's fine. they don't require exactly that the labs have to correlate exactly to the lecture like they have at community colleges.

and with the way things are at uci. if he fulfills all the requirements for a bs in bio he can apply to dental school b/c he's going to be fulfilling all the pre-reqs in one way or another thru the B.S.

and as for the year's worth of lab... no... it depends on what your school offers. if all they offer is one quarter... you just call the school and let them kno that. most dental schools i've called know that the uc system is different so they accept only 2 quarters of lab or one quarter of lab vs the 3 quarters of lab that they say is required.

hope this helps. PM if u have more questions. :)