Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joemario

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im reading 2 chapters from cliff bio every day. Is that too slow? At what pace did you guys studied? Other than cliff and KBB, any other source for bio? except Alan's note and Campbell? Also how did everyone study physiology section? Give me some advice to study Bio. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Barron's DAT (all science sections) and AP bio were really helpful for me. Each had review questions and practice tests. I would pick a few chapters from KBB and look over the same material in both Barron DAT and AP. It seems sort of redundant at first, but you become really familiar with the material and sometimes different books will go into more/less detail than others. Hope this helps!

Im reading 2 chapters from cliff bio every day. Is that too slow? At what pace did you guys studied? Other than cliff and KBB, any other source for bio? except Alan's note and Campbell? Also how did everyone study physiology section? Give me some advice to study Bio. Thank you.

YouTube and Wikipedia. I highly recommend Khan Academy on YouTube for specific topics like physiology. He gives in-depth explanations which are easy to follow with his own illustrations

Depending on how much time you have, I'd recommend reading only one chapter a day and really trying to take it in. Then later in the day (because these chapters are pretty short), or the second day, I'd reread the same chapter while making notes and highlighting and take the quiz at the end. Then brush up anything you still don't get 100% with YouTube videos.

Memorizing AP cliffs and doing bio destroyer will land you in 20+ on bio on the DAT. In my experience, KBB is pretty useless, but good for reading the same info in a different way for memorizing. The practice exams are eh. Good practice for content I guess. Good luck!

Once you've read cliffs and feel like you generally understand what's going on, start reading through Alan's notes. They're a succinct summary of Cliffs and the kaplan book. Make flash cards of everything you don't understand.