1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Biomed Eng, MCAT = 27, GPA = 3.74

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by tobby87, Sep 21, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. tobby87

tobby87

Sep 21, 2014
    I have been really worried about acceptance into a med school. I got a 26 on my first MCAT and 27 on my second. Not a big improvement and i fear schools may see this and not offer me interview. What are my chances? 100+ hrs of hospital volunteering, 40 hrs of shadowing. sGPA ~ 3.8.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Afford

Afford 2+ Year Member

Jul 29, 2014
    What's your state of residence? A 27 is pretty low for MD schools. You have a better chance at DO schools or in-state schools if your in-state school has a low MCAT average.

4. Mx300

Mx300 New Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Its going to be tough to get into an MD school with a 27 if you are not a URM. But you in a good place to apply DO, I suggest that you do some research and see if thats something you would be willing to do. Its possible to get into a state school with that score but dont bank on it.

5. Goro

Goro Probationary Status 5+ Year Member

A 27 is circling the drain for MD schools, but OK for most DO programs. Skip AZCOM, and LUCOM.