Biomedical Engineering for Pre-Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vicinihil

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going into a BS/MD program at VCU/MCV. I am currently set on majoring in Biomedical Engineering and thinking about applying out into another med school or stay at MCV (medical college of VA) since im already in and its a great med school to my standards (what do you guys think of it). My question is whether or not it would be worth it to stay in the program and whether if it would aid me when i apply for a residency or success in med school! All responses appreciated! THanks :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

No point in applying. The medical school does not play a huge role in residency at all. Do well, stay in the program, and as long as you do well in medical school, you can get whatever residency you want.

Do you have to give up your spot at MCV if you apply out? Most programs work like this. I wouldn't do it unless you are a very strong applicant and you really feel that you would gain something by going to another med school.

sorry for the lack of clarification, the program that i mentioned in my post is about BME not the vcu/mcv program. How does MCV though stand amongst other medical schools (for primary care and/or research)? Doesn't it usu go by residency placement or something like that :confused: .