Biostatistics

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
  • Aug 1, 2005
    working on my tan......
    1. Attending Physician
      I really hate this stuff. Is it high yield?

I saw some old threads about it but nothing recent. Wanted to get an idea of what some recent test takers have seen.

My school did not really teach this and barely mentioned it. I know some from pharmacy school but cant remember all the calculations, etc.

Ionian

Nov 22, 2013
      Texas
      1. Medical Student
        Anywhere from 5-15 questions on step 1. Most likely 10 or so questions.

Probably best to just do many practice questions with them till your comfortable, the last 3 chapters in HY Biostats is good for Biostats questions, its less painful to watch the kaplan videos, and then do the questions, rather then reading, but I enjoyed the book.

Except reading the first 4-5 chapters didn't seems like time well spent...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.