Biostatistics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoscowAbe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 5 days to go and I want to concentrate on HY weak areas, I know everything in FA is HY but which topics from biostats would you focus on more?

Members don't see this ad.

I have 5 days to go and I want to concentrate on HY weak areas, I know everything in FA is HY but which topics from biostats would you focus on more?

everything and anything that involves the 2x2 table.. be able to answer any question that can be conjured up from that.. so that includes sensitivity, specificity, PPV, NPV, NNT, NNH, relative risk, odds ratio, etc.

you should be able to instantly come up with these equations in a 2x2 table, otherwise it can be costly time wise on a time pressured test.

dang NNT and NNH, those aren't in FA. I know they're in UW though. I hate wasting precious time trying to relearn this stuff.

extremely easy (p 54 in FA).. those will be ones you pick up quick.. its calculating relative risk and absolute risk reduction that take longer.

extremely easy (p 54 in FA).. those will be ones you pick up quick.. its calculating relative risk and absolute risk reduction that take longer.

I just spent time memorizing those formulas and drawing the box. Hope I can get away with just that.