Bittersweet Full-Length

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChymeofPassion

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished up 2 months of content review (started in August) for a January Exam. I have 11 more FL to go, just took my AAMC sample and got a (converted) 127-130-128-130 (515).

Although I'm psyched, I have 11 more full lengths paid for (all 3 AAMC + 3 Kaplan + 5 NS) and 3 more months...

Should I decrease my amount of FL, focus on solidifying content, look at more fringe topics, keep up with ANKI (only 14 percent mature on 2600 cards)

Members don't see this ad.

That's a fine number of full-length practice tests, especially since you still have several months before September. Make sure you complete ALL of the AAMC practice questions, not just the four AAMC full-length tests. This includes the AAMC question packs, sections banks, and official guide questions. Also, make sure to save your AAMC questions for LAST. These are the most valuable and precious materials for pre-medical students to prepare for the MCAT exam. It's fine to do third-party MCAT practice tests but you should know that they don't match the MCAT as well as the ones from the creators of the AAMC. So, basically, your plan should be to complete all of the AAMC practice questions in the last 1-2 months before your exam. You can do as many third-party practice tests before then but don't intermingle AAMC with non-AAMC materials. The AAMC has a particular way of writing their practice passages and questions, and you will best be able to learn this by focusing exclusively on the AAMC questions near the end of your studies.

Your converted Sample Test score shows that you have a pretty good grasp of the scientific concepts. 11 more practice tests is about an exam a week, which should give you enough time to do content review in between. The only reason why you might want to consider reducing the number of full-length exams is if you do not have time to complete all of the AAMC practice material.

Reactions: 1 user
My next step will be to go over the question banks for Chem, Physics, and Biology. Go over them, and then take another test maybe in a couple of weeks. Also, pretty sure there's gonna be AAMC FL4 releasing soon, so you will have an extra test to practice from. Your lowest scores are Chem and Biology, so you wanna hit on those subjects hard, and you can definitely get them to 129+.

My next step will be to go over the question banks for Chem, Physics, and Biology. Go over them, and then take another test maybe in a couple of weeks. Also, pretty sure there's gonna be AAMC FL4 releasing soon, so you will have an extra test to practice from. Your lowest scores are Chem and Biology, so you wanna hit on those subjects hard, and you can definitely get them to 129+.

Are you sure about AAMC FL 4? I’ve heard they’ve said they have no plans of releasing another one anytime soon.

That would be great though. Wish they would give out more CARS material too.