Black looking Caucasian

About the Ads

listentoadvice

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 25, 2011
    I really want to see what happens with all of these different scenarios that keep popping up on SDN. Like, what would happen if an ADCOM thinks he/she is interviewing a URM but a Caucasian or Asian walks through the door? I know that I'd start laughing at him/her then proceed to grill them.

Shalashaska

5+ Year Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
      Will adcoms think I am gaming the system if I say I am white but look African American?

Michael_jackson_new_hair_style_and_sunglasses.jpg

Go ahead. Don't let those adcoms get to you.

About the Ads

Thego2guy

7+ Year Member
      Sep 19, 2011
      NY
      1. Resident [Any Field]

LMAO!!!!! :laugh:

Words cannot describe the lulz I am experiencing right now. I guess he didn't get enough answers in the first 4 threads, so he made a new username and a 5th post. Unbelievable.

The point to this story? He clearly doesn't agree with checking off the box, and is desperately trying to find some moral explanation to do it. Un-freaking-believable. I have been lurking for years, never have I seen anything like this before.

Thego2guy

7+ Year Member
        Sep 19, 2011
        NY
        1. Resident [Any Field]

SpecterGT260

Catdoucheus
          7+ Year Member
          Feb 1, 2012
          1. Medical Student
            to be fair, in the "has AA gone too far?" thread, someone just posted a news clip where a student was dismissed for self-identifying as african american with white skin. The student was from africa. Leave it to PC USA to confuse "african-american" a national or cultural heritage affiliation with "black" which is a race. I also love the ignorant americans who get pissed off if you dont use "african american" when talking about blacks of other countries.....
            "What about the blacks in spain?"
            "Uh... I think you mean african-american"
            :smack:

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.