Blackberry for Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mets86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting the new 8800 blackberry when it comes out for verizon since I would like to have a slim pda for med school. I have heard though that the palm and windows based pdas may be better, since there are more medical programs available for them. I would much prefer the blackberry, but don't want to have to get another pda in a year or so. What are your thoughts about the blackberry for med school?

Members don't see this ad.

I got the Q from Verizon and love it. all of verizons smartphones run windows mobile 5 and version 6 just came out. It is faster and allows you to view office files. att is coming out with an update for their blackjack, and hopefully verizon will follow. id go with a windows based phone, not sure if the blackberry can run the pocket pdr and drug guides etc that the windows phones can.

One of the most common programs med students/doctors use on PDAs is eProcrates which doesn't work with blackberry.