bleak practice scores for MCAT, studying during school year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexwantsanMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Curious, what regimen have you been following in terms of studying? An FL score that low indicates a severe lack of knowledge, although not having completed Biochem yet does hinder you quite a bit, OChem 2 isn't nearly as integral as the other subjects necessary to take the exam. You should drastically change your study style/materials as it seems Kaplan and your current plan aren't doing it for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Curious, what regimen have you been following in terms of studying? An FL score that low indicates a severe lack of knowledge, although not having completed Biochem yet does hinder you quite a bit, OChem 2 isn't nearly as integral as the other subjects necessary to take the exam. You should drastically change your study style/materials as it seems Kaplan and your current plan aren't doing it for you.

Since mid-June its been roughly 8-10 hours a day (2 hours blown with coffee, lunch, gym breaks) for 5-6 days/week. The first 4 weeks I put a strong emphasis on chem/physics (as it had been a few years and was one of my weakest sections) working tediously through the books and qbank questions until I saw my section score start to hit 125. Same with BioChem, though material doesn't seem that intimidating, it feels there's just not enough time to absorb it. Since the prep class began, its become a more rushed and convoluted study. I'd argue that the materials and resources provided by Kaplan are adequate, especially for people who are lacking certain course work, but the time allotted to work through the materials isn't sufficient, at least not in my case.