Blood Bank Antibody Panels on Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

star23

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, on the actual board exam, how do you do these on a computer screen? I am used to having a paper form in front of me to actually cross out; do they give them to you in paper format as well or how does that work? Just guess C and move on?:)

Members don't see this ad.

You get a booklet you can write in, then answer the question on the computer. However, you can answer the question(s) without actually working the whole thing out. You just have to rule in or out the answer choices from the question.

When I took it a couple years ago the panels were on paper form. The computer screen said, "refer to panel #1." These were the only questions that did this. Everything else had the image and question on the screen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah. The panels are not bad at all. They are fairly straight forward and you do get a booklet to work out the problem. Don't sweat the panels. This part is on one of the "practical" portions of CP. For me it was the last section on day 2. The other questions are what I found to be brutal. But I think everyone else felt that way too. It was a mixture of blood bank questions with lots of obscure management questions.

Same here. Panels were on paper. They weren't that hard. If I remember right, two of the three weren't even asking for which antibody it was, they were asking some peripherally related question.

The panels are in a booklet. There were 5 when I took CP in 5/08 & 10 when I took BB/TM in 9/08.

For both exams, it was possible to answer some of the questions w/out even looking at the panels. I recommend reading the questions & answer choices 1st because some of the panels can take time to work out. Also, you may be able to use the answer choices to help w/ the panel.

----- Antony

You get a booklet you can write in, then answer the question on the computer. However, you can answer the question(s) without actually working the whole thing out. You just have to rule in or out the answer choices from the question.

That's how I did them too ... probably a good strategy looking back.