Blood vessels and Nerve Branches

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProteinTreasure

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just need to learn the blood vessels and nerves along with their branches. I find the textbooks too detailed and complicated. Any sources where I can get this in a very clear and brief form?

Members don't see this ad.

Are we talking about all the blood vessels and nerves or just the ones in certain parts of the body (circle of Willis, brachial plexus, etc.)?

If the textbooks are too complicated you could always spend the time and make a list that boils it down to the essentials.

If the textbooks are too complicated you could always spend the time and make a list that boils it down to the essentials.

Second that. It's anatomy, all the information is there. If you don't like the way said information is presented, then arrange it yourself. You learn a lot more that way than you do looking for your umpteenth anatomy source so you can passively read over someone else's lists.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone is different, but I learned anatomy by going to the library an picking up all the scrap paper (ie the sheets where everyone printed out those muscle tables from umich). I then went back to my room or the cadaver lab and drew out the structures I needed to know and kept redrawing them until I could do it from memory. It was fairly quick and a very active approach.

Textbooks tend to have tables where all the branches are listed (at least I know Moore's does). They might be listed according to region, however, so you could go through and make your own comprehensive list.

I also second basupran's method for learning, it's not fun but it works