Blood Vessels section of UWorld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HTxFrog

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my lowest section by 10 percentile points, but I don't really know how to study it. I mean how many blood vessel diseases are there even? Any ideas on how to boost this?

Members don't see this ad.

first know if its a small, medium or large vessel disease
then know the classic presentation for each
after that you can delve into the details of each

This is my lowest section by 10 percentile points, but I don't really know how to study it. I mean how many blood vessel diseases are there even? Any ideas on how to boost this?

Ha, it's tied for the lowest on mine (along with Pharm...), but I don't even know which specific questions have qualified as "blood vessel" questions. As far as I can remember, I've gotten ONE vasculitis question (Temporal Arteritis) and yet UW shows that I've had 48 "blood vessel" questions.

So I'm not even sure which ones I'm getting wrong here.

Have you tried reading this section in Rapid Review Pathology? I personally thought it was better than First Aid's. I guess you just need to learn which disease affects which organs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I read the RR and FA sections yesterday so maybe that will help. I'm in the same boat as guywhodoesstuff though about having no clue what is even in this section. Evidently I've had almost 70 questions on it, and I know that must cover more than just the vasculitides which you would obviously think of as blood vessel diseases. Maybe I'm missing a bunch of anatomy q's on it or something. Idk, oh well whatever

if you happen to own a copy of the robins question book you can quickly do the vessel quesitons, if you dont then dont bother, just keep going over FA and RR