Bloomberg Schools want the sky to be the limit on student loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
They weren't when I was going. And note it for certain family income points, I would bet 80 percent of Stanford students come from families with incomes above that threshold, probably double that.

They were free when I attended from 2004-2008. Our school was the first school to push this kind of program through all prestigious schools out there. Stanford is behind the curve by a decade.

They were free when I attended from 2004-2008. Our school was the first school to push this kind of program through all prestigious schools out there. Stanford is behind the curve by a decade.

Stanford is probably the best university in the United States, it definitely has some of the richest alumni of any school.

Stanford is probably the best university in the United States, it definitely has some of the richest alumni of any school.

It probably does have some of the richest alumni. However, most of Cali schools don't give a damn about their student bodies. They have enough demand from rich people that they operate in a for profit manner in term of their admission and financial aid policies. Schools like Harvard, MIT, Princeton, and Yale in the East Cost have giving out full rides on need base to accepted students since 2004.

Stanford is a bit behind, but I also travelled within the ivy covered walls between 2004-2008 and it wasn't free until 2007/08...