Blowing off today's annual "inservice"...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flash

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the annoying volunteer services dept. at the hospital has these annual "refreshers" on confidentiality, do's / don'ts, washing hands, etc. I signed up for the one held today, but decided not to go. Here's my logic (need to convince myself, b/c I know they are going to be annoying on Mon when I call to "explain").

a) They annoy me...I'm 28 yo post-bacc, work exclusively on research with a small team of docs. However, as an unpaid guy, I am kind of processed through them for health checks, orientation, etc. As many might know, most "volunteers" are either considerably older or 18-22. They treat/manage me like a 18 yo whenever they need somethign (evaluations, TB test, etc.) ! So I don't want to deal with them if I don't have to.

b) I'm really really busy right now, 3hrs on a Sat morning is a big deal.

c) I'm only around for another month or two before I'm done. (Should have talked to them earlier to see if I could be excused, but I didn't).

d) I worked until 5 AM last night, enough sleep so that I can be productive today is paramount to "wash you hands often"

Whattdya think? I know it's the right decision for me at this point. But I know I am going to be reprimanded like a high school student when I call them on Monday.

I'm going back to bed. Maybe I'll ask the magic 8 ball.

Members don't see this ad.