Board Certification in Pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RamboMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if other members had any suggestions/recommendations on which Pain Boards to sit for.
I have board certification with ABMS in Pain Medicine after finishing an ACGME approved fellowship.
Should I take the AAPM pain boards? ABIPP? FIPP?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if other members had any suggestions/recommendations on which Pain Boards to sit for.
I have board certification with ABMS in Pain Medicine after finishing an ACGME approved fellowship.

We had a discussion on this about 6 months ago, you'll find it if you do a search.

My personal opinion is that you need nothing other than ABMS certification. ABIPP and FIPP does not require fellowship training, nor does AAPM. The costs with ABIPP and FIPP certification in particular are quite extreme.

Hey Rambo, its quite commendable that you would like to take out the competition with these AK-47s, grenade launchers and smoke screen. But have you thought about just using the sniper rifle you already have to do the same job? I think it would be much easier, your choice though. Good luck in Burma.:laugh: