CJamblooze

Legend in my own Mind
10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Q-bank and First Aid will get you the score you need for any specialty. Next would be Step Up for the Boards, BRS Path, maybe a little BRS Physiology. If you can track down the Goljan lectures, they are also somewhat helpful, but not necessary.

lfcdoc

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Unless you know you are the type who really needs or benefits from a course I would say it is not worth it; on your own you can tailor your studying as needed. I used first aid, step up to Step 1, and Kaplan QBank and found this worked very well. I really recommend the Step Up book.

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
any of the courses worth the time?

For which step? Or is it for the IM boards?

I took the Kaplan course (offered for less than half-price at our school) for Step 1 and did OK. Did QBank and USMLEWorld for Step 2 and did 40 points better. I'm planning on First Aid for Step 3 (I figure I can squeeze it in in a couple of days) and USMLEWorld Lite (offered for free at my institution) for Step 3. if you're taking a real test (the IM boards), I review course can't hurt.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.