Quantcast

Board Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CJamblooze

Legend in my own Mind
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Q-bank and First Aid will get you the score you need for any specialty. Next would be Step Up for the Boards, BRS Path, maybe a little BRS Physiology. If you can track down the Goljan lectures, they are also somewhat helpful, but not necessary.

lfcdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unless you know you are the type who really needs or benefits from a course I would say it is not worth it; on your own you can tailor your studying as needed. I used first aid, step up to Step 1, and Kaplan QBank and found this worked very well. I really recommend the Step Up book.

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any of the courses worth the time?

For which step? Or is it for the IM boards?

I took the Kaplan course (offered for less than half-price at our school) for Step 1 and did OK. Did QBank and USMLEWorld for Step 2 and did 40 points better. I'm planning on First Aid for Step 3 (I figure I can squeeze it in in a couple of days) and USMLEWorld Lite (offered for free at my institution) for Step 3. if you're taking a real test (the IM boards), I review course can't hurt.