Board score and seeking advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeeVeeZee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
USMLE Step I= 230

DO program. OMS III. Definitely willing to move anywhere if I have to.

I am really interested in matching into either rads or anesthesia, haven't completely made up my mind as of yet but I was curious if I even have a shot in the ACGME programs. (Rads>Anesthesia)

I know its early in the game but I need to know if I have any chance at these so that I can better prepare to become a competitive applicant. No use in trying if I have little to no chance.

How would I 1. Find programs 2. Check if they are DO friendly?

Thanks all

Members don't see this ad.

You will have to check the FRIEDA to see where you stand with the programs. A 230 UMSLE will get you somewhere, I would say you are okay for low tier academic programs for both. However, the anesthesia and radiology residents will give a better idea of your chances.

You could even try and post your questions on the anesthesia or radiology threads.

USMLE Step I= 230

DO program. OMS III. Definitely willing to move anywhere if I have to.

I am really interested in matching into either rads or anesthesia, haven't completely made up my mind as of yet but I was curious if I even have a shot in the ACGME programs. (Rads>Anesthesia)

I know its early in the game but I need to know if I have any chance at these so that I can better prepare to become a competitive applicant. No use in trying if I have little to no chance.

How would I 1. Find programs 2. Check if they are DO friendly?

Thanks all
Peruse this:

Attachments

• NRMP-2016-Program-Director-Survey.pdf
    663.1 KB · Views: 64
Members don't see this ad :)