Board scores are out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scores from qualifying exams are out today on your ABEM page...

For those who took it last year, does ABEM mail your results with a breakdown of how you did on each section? And statistics (average, SD, etc) ?

Members don't see this ad.

For those who took it last year, does ABEM mail your results with a breakdown of how you did on each section? And statistics (average, SD, etc) ?

I passed I'm so stocked!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Passed!!! Long road to here, now onto the Oral boards.

Reactions: 1 user
Rosh Review predicted my score almost to the t.

Did you exclusively do rosh review for prep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you exclusively do rosh review for prep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much. I read First Aid one time, but I felt nothing went in my head from that. Then, I just did Rosh Review, which I completed from beginning to end.

Passed! Regarding prep, I think if you did reasonably well on the ITEs, and have a good general EM knowledge base, Rosh Review should be all you need. I would recommend the "attending version + cme" as you get 100 AMA category 1 CME credits for $100 more than the base price.

Members don't see this ad :)
Passed! Wow, I was nervous. Rosh review got my score correct as well.

Passed! Regarding prep, I think if you did reasonably well on the ITEs, and have a good general EM knowledge base, Rosh Review should be all you need. I would recommend the "attending version + cme" as you get 100 AMA category 1 CME credits for $100 more than the base price.

Yes attending version is good because of all the repetition. I saw some people complaining about repeat questions but i found it very beneficial.

But passed? At this point a pass is a pass. Doesn't matter by how much anymore...unlike those med student dweebs =)
Haha, yes just passing it along to help next year. I scored better than my best ITE but definitely felt more unsure of the answers.

Residents, you really can say "Da f*** is this?" to at least 15 questions, pick a random answer, move on with your day, and still do just fine.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using SDN mobile

My dedicated studying was PEER questions and the NEMBR course. I scored 5 points higher than what PEER predicted.

Haha, yes just passing it along to help next year. I scored better than my best ITE but definitely felt more unsure of the answers.

Residents, you really can say "Da f*** is this?" to at least 15 questions, pick a random answer, move on with your day, and still do just fine.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using SDN mobile

I seriously had a question on my board exam about "which of the following tests would most likely be positive in a patient recently diagnosed with ScrewballAutoimmuneDisorder?"

Answers were like:

Anti-DanceDanceRevolution
Anti-ChineseFireworks
Anti-DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
Anti-ROFLOLZ
Anti-Whatever.

Choose the best answer.

They should have a satire column for you in the ACEP newsletter. Seriously, I'd read it.

Congrats! For us MS4s applying EM, educate me on what other board exams I have to look forward to.