Board scores for applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

molarjuncky

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for thos of you who are applying to 20-30 residency programs that require official board scores, have you had problems requesting them from ADA? did you just send a list of the programs where you want them sent?

Members don't see this ad.

I had them send them to me directly during the summer time. Same with all my transcripts. Then when I submitted my PASS, I sent all the other crap at the same time and sent them certified so I knew for sure they got them. I didn't want to bank my future on the mullets at ADA or my undergrad registrar's office. If you don't mind one or two of them getting "lost in the shuffle", then by all means go for it. Definitely follow up with all of your programs though to make sure they got them.

some programs wanted the scores sent directly, most were okay with the applicant sending the official copy (which I paid and requested from the national boards office)...I actually called each school and asked if it was okay if I send the boards score in my overall envelope...vaaast majority of them were okay with this (even the ones that said to have them sent directly from national office)

I think one of the wisest things to do is to call each school individually to personally confirm what they require...I had alot of stuff straightened out that way and it kinda helped streamline the application process...good luck!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I had mine sent (11 of them) directly from the ADA and didn't experience any problems. I might have been lucky in that, though. I have a feeling that the ADA is more competent at this stuff than the ADEA though.

I requested all of my offical scores to be sent directly and didn't have any problems. Of course sending everything together would have eliminated all of the phone calls.