boards, boards, boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IVY

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good software program with questions for step 1 of the boards. Please, tell me the name and the reason why you liked it. Thanks
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

The infamous Q-bank. The reasons I liked it?
1) Excellent quality questions, format very close to the real thing. Very flexible, you can time or not time your tests, choose questions from specific disciplines or randomly, short but clear explanations for every choice, you can test yourself on the questions you had done wrong the first time.
2) Because after spending a long time flipping through books, I would appreciate any change in my studying. Computer is linked in my mind with fun(although the q-bank was clearly NOT fun to do).
3) It prepares you for long sessions of working(not playing games or surfing) in front of a computer screen. This was probably the biggest contribution of q-bank in my preparation.

Qbank is money. Highly recommend.

irevu from Medrevu is another online question source like Qbank, but takes a little more dedication to work through. (If you get irevu, don't bother with the Board Simulator Series of books or the NMS question book because those questions are in irevu.)

Both Qbank and irevu have sample tests on their websites, so you can see for yourself if you like their formats.

Also, the official released items are computer based. You can download them from the NBME site or get them when you registered.

There's other various discs of questions from study books that invariably get burned passed through classes, so you might see what your classmates have to share. (Not that I would advocate that sort of thing...)