Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pdp2001

pdp2001
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished residency (yay!) and I'm starting my job Aug 15 in Chicago Heights. I'm trying to start studying for the boards and I'm not sure how to really begin. My PD has scared the crap out of me and keeps saying "it's only 4 months away" so I thought I should get started while I have the time.

Is there a particular method that people recommend? Any review courses that I should think about signing up for?

Members don't see this ad.

Searching this forum will be your friend, this has been covered multiple times..

If you did very well on your inservice or even just did pass it (>75) then you are probably in great shape by 'doing what you did then'. If you are a really anal and want to do all you can do, look into a review course. Some folks on here say its a 'waste of money'... In reality maybe it is, but usually a course plus travel costs maybe one or at most two shifts worth of pay and to me the peace of mind was WELL worth that.

You are in Chicago? I think there is a review course in toww; either way you have an easy to use airport. I did the PaACEP in Baltimore, met up with 4 other classmates. We went to class all day, had fun and caught up in the evening. It was a great trip, helped de-stress, and I felt that much more confident going in..

Good Luck...

Just finished residency (yay!) and I'm starting my job Aug 15 in Chicago Heights. I'm trying to start studying for the boards and I'm not sure how to really begin. My PD has scared the crap out of me and keeps saying "it's only 4 months away" so I thought I should get started while I have the time.

Is there a particular method that people recommend? Any review courses that I should think about signing up for?

Peer 8.

ICEP's qualifying ("More in Four") & oral courses are pretty tight... and in town.

Otherwise agree; if you beat the inservice, boards will be ok.

Good luck!
-d

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk