Bomb-beats bruise brain, buttocks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol at first I thought you were just listing words that started with the letter 'B' reading that title

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol at first I thought you were just listing words that started with the letter 'B' reading that title

As you can probably tell from my username, I'm a big fan of alliteration. In fact my medical school personal statement was composed entirely of words starting with the letter 'p'. I entitled it "P is for Patient".

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe I just don't know enough about dermatology, but every procedure she seems to be doing falls in the realm of plastic surgery? She also refers to herself as a surgeon.

Maybe I just don't know enough about dermatology, but every procedure she seems to be doing falls in the realm of plastic surgery? She also refers to herself as a surgeon.

She’s not a surgeon. She didn’t do a surgical residency. She’s a patient maiming, misrepresenting, narcissistic liar, who hasn’t even apologized for the harm she has done.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users
She’s not a surgeon. She didn’t do a surgical residency. She’s a patient maiming, misrepresenting, narcissistic liar, who hasn’t even apologized for the harm she has done.

she is a dermatologist though right? hard to imagine someone with her education being capable of this

As you can probably tell from my username, I'm a big fan of alliteration. In fact my medical school personal statement was composed entirely of words starting with the letter 'p'. I entitled it "P is for Patient".
And yet you missed the opportunity to put in the dermatologists name Boutte, pronounced "bootay"

Reactions: 2 users
I get that patients are kinda clueless, but why would you have that kind of surgery from a dermatologist?

I doubt she has privileges anywhere so this has to be some cash pay deal. You'd think you'd do a little research.

I get that patients are kinda clueless, but why would you have that kind of surgery from a dermatologist?

I doubt she has privileges anywhere so this has to be some cash pay deal. You'd think you'd do a little research.

She advertised herself in a misleading way calling herself a surgeon. And my understanding from what I've read is that she didn't do procedures in hospitals but rather in her building (presumably with an attached procedure room). She was doing all sorts of things including breast augs, lipo, panniculectomy, etc. Here's her website.

EDIT: she lists herself as having privileges at two hospitals. However, she may just have privileges as a dermatologist and not surgical privileges (I find it hard to believe the hospital would privilege her for operative procedures as plastic surgery privileges tend to be very well delineated to prevent exactly the type of thing she was doing--practicing outside her scope of training).

Reactions: 3 users
She advertised herself in a misleading way calling herself a surgeon. And my understanding from what I've read is that she didn't do procedures in hospitals but rather in her building (presumably with an attached procedure room). She was doing all sorts of things including breast augs, lipo, panniculectomy, etc. Here's her website.

EDIT: she lists herself as having privileges at two hospitals. However, she may just have privileges as a dermatologist and not surgical privileges (I find it hard to believe the hospital would privilege her for operative procedures as plastic surgery privileges tend to be very well delineated to prevent exactly the type of thing she was doing--practicing outside her scope of training).

"Proficient attention to detail" wow

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Look at her website and her nice surgery center, I'm not surprised people wouldn't question them.

Different states say different things about what you are allowed to do with a medical degree. Presumably, Georgia is pretty loose with what people can practice if they have MD degrees. Might be completely legal to do procedures like she was doing with any MD degree there for all I know.

Dancing, rapping and recording + putting the vids on her website was a bold move though lol

I don't understand how someone just starts doing surgeries without a surgical residency. How/where is she getting the training to do these procedures? Like did she just watch a couple youtube videos of breast augmentations one day and then do one on a patient?

Last edited:
Different states say different things about what you are allowed to do with a medical degree. Presumable, Georgia is pretty loose with what people can practice if they have MD degrees. Might be completely legal to do procedures like she was doing with any MD degree there for all I know.

Dancing, rapping and recording + putting the vids on her website was a bold move though lol

Clearly legal and smart are two very different things.

She painted a target on herself with those videos.

I don't understand how someone just starts doing surgeries without a surgical residency. How/where is she getting the training to do these procedures? Like did she just watch a couple youtube videos of breast augmentations one day and then do one on a patient?

1. Medical licenses aren't specialty specific, so there's nothing at the state level stopping any doctor from practicing in a completely different field from their training. The screening point is generally hospitals or health systems which will require proof of training to delineate their procedures. Dr. Boutte was doing this in her own building/office, not under the auspices of a higher institution looking to protect themselves medicolegally.
2. As far as training, anything is possible. Maybe she went to a sketchy drug/device company who "taught" her to do procedures. Maybe she watched youtube and thought she could do it. Maybe she scrubbed with someone once and decided she could do it. Hard to say. There are a lot of people who claim to be cosmetic surgeons who are actually not trained to do so. Hell, I knew an ENT who liked to do breast procedures on patients despite no formal plastics training. I saw one of his post-breast reduction complications once and was horrified that he was allowed to wield a scalpel. It would rival the nastiest sacral ulcer imaginable in appearance. The OR staff would routinely tell me that any procedure I did looked better than anything "cosmetic" he ever did and that I should keep my patients far away from him (which was obviously not an issue as I saw for myself what he did).

At the bottom of her page it says, “Dr. Boutté enjoys reading, writing, listening to jazz and classical music, and travelling the world, especially to Africa and Australia.”

I don’t see where it mentions take your scalpel out and twist it around your patient, spin it like a helicoptor. This is just shameful.

Last edited:
Maybe she watched youtube and thought she could do it.

To be fair, there are likely hundreds of med students and residents using Youtube at this moment to learn how to do a procedure minutes prior to performing it on unsuspecting patients for the first time.

“See one, do one, teach one.”
- Dr. Youtube

I heard elsewhere about one of her patients going into cardiac arrest during a procedure but, when EMS got there, the elevator wasn't sized for a stretcher so she had to be carried out. Sounds like she's doing all of this in-office. :nailbiting:

To be fair, there are likely hundreds of med students and residents using Youtube at this moment to learn how to do a procedure minutes prior to performing it on unsuspecting patients for the first time.

“See one, do one, teach one.”
- Dr. Youtube

I’m guilty of this too, and so are most surgeons I’d be willing to bet. There is simply no way you can see everything in residency. But there is a difference between never being trained in major surgery in the first place. It’s like cooking. As surgeons we have been trained in both the basics and the more complicated recipes, how to flavor something, etc...so doing similar (but not the same) procedures is like an experienced cook trying their hand at a new recipe. Whereas this is the equivalent of someone who boiled pasta once, trying to make tiramisu.

Maybe I haven’t seen the right videos, but I don’t see the problem. I thought surgeons blasted music and rocked out in operating rooms During surgery all the time.

Is the issue that she was practicing outside her scope? That I could see as a problem.

Was she being reckless with equipment and patient safety while dancing? That I could see as a problem.

But if she’s just singing and dancing a little? What’s the issue?

Maybe I haven’t seen the right videos, but I don’t see the problem. I thought surgeons blasted music and rocked out in operating rooms During surgery all the time.

Is the issue that she was practicing outside her scope? That I could see as a problem.

Was she being reckless with equipment and patient safety while dancing? That I could see as a problem.

Watch the videos. All of the above. Recklessness, compromising care, practicing outside scope, and what sounds like an unlicensed surgery center without appropriate equipment. Oh and also filming her patients without their consent and showing their asses on YouTube. This goes beyond “playing music.”

The report I read was that several patients believe the results to be lopsided and otherwise sloppy and at least one woman reports persistent symptoms of nerve damage.

There are two separate issues.

One is the fact she is not trained to do the procedures she is doing in her office and it sounds like she is not doing them under the proper circumstances (anesthetist leaving the room before the procedure is done, proper monitoring not being done, patients ending up disfigured or brain damaged through this malpractice). This is the reason she has had her license suspended appropriately if not somewhat belatedly as she has been under investigation for years.

The other is the fact she uses anesthetized patients as props for music videos, breaking sterile technique during it and prolonging their operation needlessly, then posted them online. If she did so without the express written consent of the patient she has violated them in a really reprehensible manner and should be legally prosecuted. If she did have their permission then it is simply a really unprofessional thing to do and shameless self promotion in the guise of education.

I listen to music and sometimes shake my butt and sing along, but I don't video record it and post it publicly, nor do I allow my antics to decrease focus on the safety and well being of the patient.

There is a local Ophthalmologist that on their website claims to provide Eye Care and Plastic Surgery. And all over the website is blasting quotes "Voted best Plastic Surgeon in this city." This Doctor hasn't done any Oculoplastics fellowship and I understand a Comprehensive Ophthalmologist can do a wide variety of procedures but I'm not talking about just blepharoplasties. They promote face-lifts, chin augmentations, and also abdominal procedures like liposuction and tummy-tucks! I am on the fence of reporting this place to the medical board because I feel like there is false representation to patients when you are promoting the word plastic surgeon everywhere. They just like this Dermatologist do all of these procedures in their own office building.