Book Donations for LSU-NO Medical Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimney

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a first year medical student at Louisiana State University New Orleans. As you know, New Orleans is devastated and lives have been altered. My classmates and I need your help. When we left the city, most of us left our textbooks behind because none of us could imagine that we could not go back. We thought it would just be a weekend or even a week, but the flooding from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita make it impossible to re-enter the city. On top of buying necessities like food and looking for a new home, my classmates and I also have to buy textbooks for our classes, which will resume on Septemer 26th in Baton Rouge, La. We rather not spend money on this because we already bought the books and we can use the money to help out our families instead.

Please help in any way you can. Can you also forward this message to your schools? I know I'm asking alot, but if you can help me in anyway, please let me know. If you have these books or any editions, please email me at [email protected] or PM me. Thank you.

Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy (ISBN:1929007116)
-Frank H. Netter, John T. Hansen

Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology (ISBN: 0721694128)
Keith L. Moore, T. V. Persaud, Persaud T. V. N.

Thompson and Thompson Genetics in Medicine (ISBN: 0721602444)

BRS Gross Anatomy (Board Review Series) Gross Anatomy (ISBN:0781753090)
Kyung Won Chung

Clinically Oriented Anatomy (ISBN: 0781736390)
Keith L. Moore, Arthur F. Dalley

Color Atlas of Anatomy: A Photographic Study of the Human Body (ISBN: 0781731941)
Johannes W. Rohen, Chihiro Yokochi, Elke Lutjen-Drecoll

Histology: A Text and Atlas (ISBN: 0683302426)
Michael H. H. Ross, Gordon I. Kaye, Wojciech Pawlina

Color Atlas of Histology (ISBN: 0781752167)
Gartner, James L Hiatt

Thank you,

Kim

Members don't see this ad.

Hey ya'll,

I am a second year med student at LSU, and I am sure you are all aware of the situation in New Orleans due to Hurricane Katrina. Both Tulane Med and LSU med are relocating by the end of this month and this of course means back to the books...as usual. However, many of us have lost a lot of books along with other belongings due to the damage caused by Hurricane Katrina. So, if you or your school are interested in donating extra books that students may have, please feel free to respond to this post. This would be of great help, especially since many of us have to replace many things such as cars, homes, personal belongings, in addition to our medical textbooks. Just to give you an idea of what books are of primary interest here is rough list:

Robbins and Cotran Pathology
" " Pathology Review
any BRS
any High Yield
Microbio made ridiculously simple

I will try and post a more comprehensive list depending on the interest i get from this post. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and to those of you who have helped in the relief efforts! You can e-mail me at [email protected]

much Nawlins pride,
Hari T.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone needs to coordinate these sites. . . I posted this link in my thread in the Lounge. Also, if you see my sig, all proceeds will go to the book drive.

Hari and I would like to thank SDN for allowing us to post our requests for our classmates in the forums. The responses have been overwhelming and thank you so much to everyone who offered to help. We would especially like to thank students at the following medical schools:

Boston University School of Medicine and their Department of Anatomy
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences-College of Medicine (KCUMB-COM)
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Wayne State University School of Medicine

Thank you for all your help. We greatly appreciate your time and generosity.

Kim & Hari
First and Second Year Class at LSU-NO