book: Kaplan MCAT 45 - any good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CATallergy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this book claims to be both very difficult and high-yield. does anyone have anything to say about it.

sorry if this is a duplicate thread - pretty tough to get a meaningful search with words "kaplan", "mcat", and "45".

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say it's very difficult but not so much high yield. I did the physics section of the book and it was brutal. I only got like 60-70% correct. Discouraged me so I stopped using it.

I'd say there are better books to use. It's on the bottom of my recommended list.

this book claims to be both very difficult and high-yield. does anyone have anything to say about it.

sorry if this is a duplicate thread - pretty tough to get a meaningful search with words "kaplan", "mcat", and "45".

A friend of mine, who's in an MD/PhD program, used to study this book and she lent it to me 2 yrs ago...I didn't really use the book but I think it would be to ur advantage if u're willing to spend some green on EK books since lots of pple are using them and have scored well on the test. I'm using them myself and fell in love with them. Cheers!

I bought the book when I was studying and tried to use it and found many other resources that were better.