Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

book: Kaplan MCAT 45 - any good?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by CATallergy, Mar 7, 2007.

1. CATallergy

CATallergy 2+ Year Member

Jan 23, 2007
    this book claims to be both very difficult and high-yield. does anyone have anything to say about it.

sorry if this is a duplicate thread - pretty tough to get a meaningful search with words "kaplan", "mcat", and "45".

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Feb 24, 2005
    Classyville
    I'd say it's very difficult but not so much high yield. I did the physics section of the book and it was brutal. I only got like 60-70% correct. Discouraged me so I stopped using it.

I'd say there are better books to use. It's on the bottom of my recommended list.

4. Dr.Masamichi

Dr.Masamichi 2+ Year Member

Sep 22, 2006
    A friend of mine, who's in an MD/PhD program, used to study this book and she lent it to me 2 yrs ago...I didn't really use the book but I think it would be to ur advantage if u're willing to spend some green on EK books since lots of pple are using them and have scored well on the test. I'm using them myself and fell in love with them. Cheers!

5. EMH

EMH ARNG - MC 10+ Year Member

Aug 16, 2005
    Arkansas
    I bought the book when I was studying and tried to use it and found many other resources that were better.