Book recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Childdoconeday

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to review the CBT treatment for OCD in order to best serve my clients. Could anyone please recommend me any helpful resources/books?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I would like to review the CBT treatment for OCD in order to best serve my clients. Could anyone please recommend me any helpful resources/books?

"Treatments That Work: exposure and response prevention" By Edna Foa

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
FWIW...that’s a great series of books. I have the chronic pain and a few others in the series. Foa is top notch (duh). I have her book on Prolonged Exposure Therapy that was also a good read.

Reactions: 1 user
"Treatments That Work: exposure and response prevention" By Edna Foa

I work specifically with OCD clients and this is the book we use. Here are two articles I like to supplement your reading:

Attachments

• Common Pitfalls in Exposure Therapy for OCD.pdf
    175.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Maximizing Exposure Therapy - An Inhibitory Learning Approach.pdf
    353 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: 2 users
I work specifically with OCD clients and this is the book we use. Here are two articles I like to supplement your reading:

oo im gonna check those out too...thanks for sharing

Wow in addition to the wonderful resources which have already been attached, I have been reading this niche field of medical humanities and it is turning out to be very insightful. Something along the lines of surgeon Atul Gawande's Being Mortal, where he talks about revolutionising late life healthcare to look at the patient as a major stakeholder in her well being and palliative care. Similarly, medical humanities look at the overlapping of medicine and different fields of humanities. I was especially intrigued by the medical memoirs and graphic novels especially written in the intersection of healthcare and life experiences. Along with this source for psychology books, I would urge you to look at this memoir on having OCS called 'Nowhere Near Normal: A Memoir of OCD' by Traci Foust to not necessarily directly affect your treatment as much as make it rich with voices of other people who have suffered the ailment and have taken the time and effort to make their voice heard through these memoirs. Other worthy mentions are also 'Just Checking' and 'Triggered'.

I am back to this thread just to see other readings that have been shared. Thank you for this space!