Book Suggestions for the Humanities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AcademicTerror

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys happen to have any book suggestions for the humanities? Politics/histories/philosophies/novels/culture and anything else :D. Just want to learn more and I've also read somewhere that the mcat has stuff on the humanities, so it's like 2fer deal :). Thank you in advance for the book suggestions. Also please no books by Satanists (they scare me).

People I know of already but have not read any of their works (I've just read short passages from each):
Machiavelli, Aldous Huxley, The Bible, Henry David Thoreau, Ralph Waldo Emerson

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys happen to have any book suggestions for the humanities? Politics/histories/philosophies/novels/culture and anything else :D. Just want to learn more and I've also read somewhere that the mcat has stuff on the humanities, so it's like 2fer deal :). Thank you in advance for the book suggestions. Also please no books by Satanists (they scare me).

People I know of already but have not read any of their works (I've just read short passages from each):
Machiavelli, Aldous Huxley, The Bible, Henry David Thoreau, Ralph Waldo Emerson

Your best bet is to find humanities articles that mirror the length of mcat passages. My personal favorite is daedalus (like the latin fable daedalus and icarus). It's a collection of humanities articles that are dense and relevant to the current times. The most recent one features essays on the proliferation of nuclear power. There's about 80-100 essays and each have a different point of view/argument. It costs about $16.95 at your local Barnes and Nobles...sometimes they are hard to find because they are published quarterly.