book suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroPsyStudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wondered if we might start another thread similar to the "must read" books thread, but where folks ask for suggestions for reading on specific topics of interest.

For example, does anyone know a good pediatric psychopharm book for non-chemist psychologists? How about a general dummies guide to psychopharm?

And would anyone suggest a good "how to" guide for behavioral therapy with kids?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently, there is a new book out called "Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychopharmacology Made Simple." I haven't read it yet, but it's been highly recommended to me.

The book covers the major childhood disorders and discusses diagnostic issues, differential diagnosis, the neurobiology of each disorder, and psychopharmacological options for treatment.

For behavior therapy with kids, I'd recommend Evidence-Based Psychotherapies for Children and Adolescents by Kazdin and Weisz. I have read this one and have found it to be highly useful introduction to psychotherapy with children. I also like Handbook of Child Psychopathology, (third edition) by Ollendick and Hersen- but this one has more of an emphasis on the actual disorders than treatment approaches.