bookkeeping with quickbooks desktop

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpainfree

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone using QBDT for bookkeeping in your practice? How do you co-use it with your practice management/billing software?

I'm exploring various options on bookkeeping since I'm changing CPA.

Members don't see this ad.

Quick books is fine in the hands of a person with good bookkeeping skills. Otherwise you will pay your accountant to clean up the mess. Been there, done that

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

will likely hire a bookkeeper or CPA to audit/review/clean-up books on quarterly basis.

how do you guys do your accounting/bookkeeping?

Members don't see this ad :)
Revenue and production are tracked in your practice management software and expenses are tracked in QB. We use simple Cash-based accounting methods---none of this mumbo-jumbo fantasy accounting the hospitals do---and use the "class" function heavily to delineate direct-owner, shared, and other expenses. Office manager can post revenue and write checks up to a specified amount, but the only person with Admin privileges to modify the ledger itself is the CPA with owner approval.

Quick books is fine in the hands of a person with good bookkeeping skills. Otherwise you will pay your accountant to clean up the mess. Been there, done that

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
This