books about medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

determined31

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this book about getting into medical school. It is called secret route. Type that in as a website and you will see it. I was just wondering if it was good or bad? thanks.

P.S. Sorry about posting this twice but my first post was deleted

Members don't see this ad.

This has been discussed before. Try the Search function, and see if you get anything...

Anyway, the bottom line is that Secret Route- while excellent fodder for SDN conversations- is otherwise full of crap. Getting into med school is really quite simple in theory. I'll save you however much they charge for the book and tell you how to do it for free!

1) Numbers: Overall GPA > 3.6, Science GPA > 3.5, MCAT > 30
2) Clinical Exposure: get some that's meaningful
3) Volunteer Work: get some that's meaningful (can be concurrent with #2)
4) Research: if you wish to get into a Top 50 school, do some significant research. Try to get your name published on the article, if at all possible.

If you do all of these things, don't acquire a criminal record, and are not a sociopath, you too can get into medical school. :D

I prefer "House of God" for an overview of medical education. It has also been discussed frequently on SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)